Madison County CASA is seeking a part-time employee to fill the role of Volunteer and Case Manager. This role will be 20 hours a week and will pay between $11-13 per hour.
Here is the job description:
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Marketing, Public Relations, or Public Administration degree preferred, but degrees in other fields will be considered on a case-by- case basis with relevant work or volunteer experience.
2. Ability to communicate with, supervises, and empowers volunteers to be effective in their roles. Applicants with experience as a CASA volunteer will be given preference.
3. Experience in recruitment and/or retention of volunteers is highly preferred.
The Volunteer and Case Manager will be responsible to the Executive Director of Madison County CASA, Inc.
A. Volunteer Training
1. Assist with volunteer recruitment
2. Screen and interview prospective volunteers in consultation with the Executive Director
3. Schedule, coordinate and attend all training classes, assisting as moderator and/or presenter
4. Assist with development of training methods, curriculum, schedules, etc.
B. Case Management
1. Match CASA case with appropriate volunteer in consultation with the Executive Director
2. Consult with CASA about problems or concerns
3. Maintain up-to- date, organized and accurate case files
4. Provide weekly written status reports via email to Executive Director regarding open case status and updates on project status
5. Participate in monthly staff meeting with Executive Director
C. Volunteer Supervision
1. Make contact with each volunteer with active cases at least every two weeks
2. Assist volunteers with reports as needed
3. Provide assistance and support to volunteers in any manner necessary to facilitate their service to the program
4. Schedule, coordinate and attend ongoing in-service programs for volunteers
5. Be point of contact and liaison for Supervised Visitation Coordinator
D. Program Activities
1. Attend available conferences and workshops for the development of the volunteer program.
2. Assist in public education about volunteer program
3. Assist in volunteer appreciation events
4. Assist with all program fundraisers
5. Attend court each week to conduct intake interviews with families involved in new cases
6. Match each case with an appropriate volunteer
7. Consult with volunteers about problems or concerns with their cases
8. Make contact with each volunteer with active cases at least every two weeks
9. Assist volunteers with reports as needed
10. Provide assistance and support to volunteers in any manner necessary to facilitate their service to the program
11. Attend meetings in the volunteer’s absence
12. Present reports in court in the volunteer’s absence and update the volunteer as soon as possible
The job description is intended to be an overview of the duties for this position and may be adjusted or changed as necessary to assure Madison County CASA maintains compliance with local and National CASA reporting requirements or other reporting requirements of specific grant allocations.
You can apply by emailing Dayton Brown at: firstname.lastname@example.org